Thursday, December 20, 2012

CHRISTMAS

It's hard to believe Christmas is less than a week away. No snow, above 0 C temps.
 
This year I decided to make most of my gifts.  My family is used to me staying on the practical side and this Christmas is no exception.  Pinterest offers wonderful inspiration for those of us who need a kick start.  Then a little imagination for packaging and you're off and running.  Throughout the year I try to save different looking bottles to be used for homemade gifts. Unfortunately, this year I moved four times and bottles were a luxury so they were the first things to be added to the recycle bin. My stash of wrapping papers, ribbons, and 'baubles' seem to have disappeared, not sure where they were left. Hopefully someone will be able to use them.

The most practical gift I could think of, is a cold & flu kit.  Homemade room spray made with essential oils to clear the sinuses and matching disks to be used in the shower, candied ginger, small box of "Puffs", & a few "Breath Easy" tea bags.  I should pick up a few cups of chicken soup base, break up spaghetti (hope they don't mind gluten free) and add this to the package!  hmmm - another trip to the store.  I've also bottled vanilla and made infused olive oil.

Each year I have tried to keep Christmas simple, putting more emphasis on family getting together to enjoy food and entertaining each other, and less on who got what for Christmas.  My children are grown now and they still prefer the gatherings of family and close friends, to trying to outdo each other with material trappings.

Whatever your beliefs during this season, I wish each and everyone a happy and grateful closing to yet another year and health and prosperity throughout the new year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment