Friday, September 30, 2011

Try again

  Well here it is 4 months later and not one more word has been entered in my blog. The time has just flown by.  I was called back to work at the end of May and my blog and website went by the wayside.
  I did manage to start a few projects during the summer.   Not until the cooler weather, was I in the "mood" to complete.  One of my reworked & reworked projects' was a sunhat for my grand-niece. Sounds simple enough. The first little hat was too small, barely covered the top of her head. The next attempt 'swam' on her. She was not impressed, quickly pulled it off and chose to play with the crocheted butterfly. Maybe I should have made the butterfly into a hat! After a few more attempts, I finally created a hat that fits her, has a bit of stretch to it so it may fit next year too. I accomplished this task at the end of summer!!  No photos though - it fit, I sent it home with her.

  I had much more success with my next project. A cocoon or bunting bag. A baby shower gift that was for my nephew & his wife's baby-to-be.  
  She loved it. I didn't have to worry if it fits or not. The only drawback - she wants one for herself since it feels so snuggly. :)
  Can't blame her, this yarn is so soft and easy to work with. Good project for a chilly day.  The drawstring at the bottom of the bag allows you to change your little one without having to take them completely out. There should be enough room to keep his/her little head covered.  I will try to get a picture of my grand-nephew/niece in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment